A cookie recipe from the Farm
A cookie named by our little girl <3
Just looking at the name of these cookies makes me smile, Handle Cookies. First, the back story, then the Handle Cookie recipe to follow. My sister had made some cookies like these that my daughter liked…mostly for the Hershey kiss in the center (“the handle”). As my mom got them out to have for dessert when we were visiting, she called them “Handle Cookies”. So here you go.
A recipe to make your very own Handle Cookies at home. <3
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2/3 Cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 36 Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses You could really use any kind of candy kiss but we prefer dark chocolate.
- Granulated Sugar For rolling the cookies in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Next add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now gradually beat in the flour mixture. Be careful to not overmix. Mix until just combined.
- Take a cookie scoop* (link at bottom of blog post) and scoop a cookie into your hand rolling it in your hands and then in granulated sugar. Do not flatten.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until they begin to crack. While they are baking you can unwrap your Hershey kisses.
- Take the cookies out of the oven, let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Then place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Move to a wire rack and cool completely before putting them in an airtight storage container.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk. So good.
- These also freeze well. Just take out of the freezer and let come to room temperature or pop one or two in the microwave on defrost for a bit and they wtaste like they just came from the oven.
~~*My Favorite Cookie Scoop*~~ Makes scooping cookies so much faster.
I think this handle cookie recipe turns out so pretty and tasty. Also, what a great thing to make on the first day of winter! Make sure to tag us in your social media so we can see your Handle Cookie recipe creations!
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14